Scales, Arpeggios and Finger Exercise Fun!
Positions are named according to which fret your 1st finger (index) looks after. In the picture to the right the hand is in first position:
- 1st finger (index) looks after 1st fret
- 2nd finger (middle) looks after 2nd fret
- 3rd finger (ring) looks after 3rd fret
- 4th finger (pinky) looks after 4th fret
- Start by placing your 1st finger on the 1st fret of your high E and pick string
- Next place your 2nd finger on 2nd fret and pick string while leaving 1st finger down
- Now 3rd finger will play the 3rd fret while both 1st and 2nd finger remain down
- Lastly put 4th finger on 4th fret and pick
Learn the 3 Practice Tips Every Pro Knows
Join Me for This 3 Part Series Guaranteed to Make You Feel Good About Practicing
Do you find it difficult to practice or when you do is it hard to stay on track? Does it all seem to frustrating and you are not making the progress you would like? 🙁
If you relate to any of that then you are on the right page and this free 3 part lesson series is just what you need to change all that 🙂
My name is Teague Purtell and I started Musiclearning.Com in 1999 and have helped millions of people play the guitar. Millions might seem like an exaggerated number but my youtube channel alone has had over 26 million views since it started in 2007! I Know how to teach guitar online and I want to help you too! Join me for this 3 part lesson series for free and see where it takes you:
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain! It is time to feel great about learning the guitar 🙂
- Part 1: How to make the most of your time to get real results
- Part 2: What and how to practice to create momentum
- Part 3: The secret to progressing quickly
Almost there: Please enter your valid email and click button below to gain access
Get Instant Access To Series Now...
Join me for a free 3 lesson series on practicing like a pro!
We value your privacy and would never spam you