Scales, Arpeggios and Finger Exercise Fun!
Update April 3rd, 12:58am
So still very much working on this page but I got a video up from a live stream I did on the 2nd of this month! I will replace it with a video with much of the same content but without the live stream part of it 🙂
This page is going to be very exciting for me because I love working on exercises that increase my coordination and dexterity. It greatly improves my overall playing so it becomes easier to play songs I want to learn. Not to mention very important for improvising.
Positions are named according to which fret your 1st finger (index) looks after. In the picture to the right the hand is in first position:
- 1st finger (index) looks after 1st fret
- 2nd finger (middle) looks after 2nd fret
- 3rd finger (ring) looks after 3rd fret
- 4th finger (pinky) looks after 4th fret
- Start by placing your 1st finger on the 1st fret of your high E and pick string
- Next place your 2nd finger on 2nd fret and pick string while leaving 1st finger down
- Now 3rd finger will play the 3rd fret while both 1st and 2nd finger remain down
- Lastly put 4th finger on 4th fret and pick
Want more? Become a member!
You can get more lessons on technique for free with a limited access membership! Simply fill out form below and you will be inside in minutes or if you want full access to my complete online guitar method you can become a paid member!